EmployBridge Search Group is seeking a Night Shift Rail Supervisor in the Baytown, TX area!
This is a Direct Hire opportunity with a continuously growing company that has been operating for over 160 years!
Skilled worker with a thorough knowledge of Rail Operations, procedures and processes associated with supply, storage, and distribution functions in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will be responsible for dispatching of railcars and the transfer machinery. They are also responsible for their team and correct execution of the transfer orders.
- Physical demands: Must be able to lift 55 lbs. (frequently up to 100 lbs.).
- Strong Supervisory/Management skills REQUIRED
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to an ever changing / growing environment.
- Ability to lead by example, be respectful and hold the team accountable.
- Work environment: in- and outdoor (extreme weather conditions).
- Experienced in managing a medium size group of people in a similar production environment.
- Experienced in overall rail operations and railcar / railyard movement preferred
- Technical knowledge of railcar, locomotives, and transfer machinery.
- Ensuring that all employees assigned to you are on time and they start the shift on time.
- Assist, train and advise fellow workers when required.
- Monitor the KPIs of the department including any reports.
- Manage all or part of the rail and transfer team.
- Must possess the skills to provide quality customer service including the ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Ability to perform assigned work tasks with little or no supervision.