The Maintenance Mechanic will perform a variety of activities to maintain plant equipment and facilities in optimum operating conditions. These activities include scheduled preventive maintenance and emergency/break down repairs, performing mechanical, pneumatic, electric, plumbing, mechanical lines and other repairs and installation as needed. This position reports to the Facilities Director.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Being proactive on things around all facilities that may be in need of repair before they malfunction.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, forklifts, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Traveling to multiple facilities within 12 miles.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Using a CMMS software to answer repair needs and other requests.