EmployBridge Search Group
is currently recruiting for a Materials and Process Polymer Engineer. Materials and Process Polymer Engineer’s key responsibilities are to plan, coordinate and perform material and plastics process engineering work (e.g. thermoplastics, thermosets, and chemicals) for a complete product or project of broad scope. The Materials and Process Polymer Engineer position operates in a team environment, both within the factories and suppliers, acting as a technical lead person. This position provides technical consultation and an expert knowledge base for its specific materials and processes. Familiarity with plastic manufacturing processes such as extrusion and injection, understanding polymer science, quality assurance protocols, and cross-functional design collaboration are all critical skills to be used in the successful execution of this position.
- Serve as the team’s materials and process engineer for development projects or multiple simultaneous projects.
- Work closely with other development engineers, designing with a system-wide perspective.
- Performs detailed chemical analysis of thermoplastics as well as research activities related to substitute and/or new materials.
- Develops and coordinates the performance of tests and/or evaluation procedures pertaining to materials selection, specifications, testing, and processing. May collaboratively support process improvement efforts.
- Serves as an adviser to product engineering, purchasing and reliability personnel on matters pertaining to material specifications and appropriate processes.
- Surveys and evaluates new and advanced materials engineering techniques and concepts, equipment and processes. Will collaboratively support teams on more complex or inter-related processes.
- Leads supply management in technical expertise related to material and process-based issues of quality, reliability, performance, substitution, etc.
- Identifies and implements material and process improvements that support strategic initiatives including cost reduction and quality improvement.
- Performs failure analysis of new and test components to determine root cause and recommend actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Polymer Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, from an accredited university
- 4 plus of engineering and project experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3 plus years of experience in the development of plastic materials and products and their associated processing technologies, e.g., extrusion and injection molding
- Experience in planning, organizing and implementing engineering projects
- Project management experience in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to work with cross-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of plastic materials and engineering with an expert understanding of the principles, can apply the information to complex situations, solve complex problems, conduct research, break new ground, develop new applications and provide expert support
- Technical knowledge to conduct destructive and non-destructive testing and evaluation of plastic materials
- Analyze data, develop trends, and create actionable steps
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Working knowledge of SAP or other ERP/MRP systems