Our client in the Pleasant Prairie, WI area is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer (Die Cast).
Founded in 1950, our client is dedicated to delivering an innovative approach to lightweighting, noise and vibrations solutions.
Our combination of metals expertise and vertically integrated capabilities has enabled the company to deliver the broadest portfolio of lightweighting solutions to the marketplace. Our singular focus is on successfully balancing the need to reduce cost, weight and part complexity with the need to enhance performance, safety and fuel efficiency.
Responsible for the entire production process of Aluminum Die Cast production. Strong Process
Engineering skills are vital to success. Understanding of both the theory and implementation of Lean Manufacturing techniques is required. Manage the Die Cast capital budget to achieve corporate designated returns on investments. Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new products.
Benefits and Features:
Your role with the company
- Establish manufacturing engineering goals to support the improvement of cost, quality (scrap), delivery, safety and asset utilization as they relate to Die Cast.
- Support Lean Manufacturing initiatives in Die Cast.
- Develop and document new and current Die Cast cell processes.
- Provide timely performance feedback to technical team.
- Approve procedures documented in PIM books and process controls for accuracy.
- Review scrap and internal defects utilizing MRB data. Implement and track continuous improvement actions to reduce scrap and defect. Coordinate “run at rate” and PPAP production runs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of corrective action procedures as identified by the Quality Leader.
- Implement mistake proofing and other improvements to reduce human error.
- Monitor and sustain performance on existing jobs.
- Develop facility layouts to optimize flow and use of space.
- Ability to coordinate the work of a team of technical individuals including Set-up Technicians and Process Technicians.
- Die casting knowledge required.
- Clear understanding of QS Quality Standards and procedures.
- Project planning, documentation and execution skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and provide direct respectful feedback.
- Clear understanding of blueprint reading and GD&T.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Strong written and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Die Cast Process and Equipment.
- Five to Seven years-experience in Engineering function.
- CAD/CAM experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Ergonomics.
- BS in a manufacturing related field.
- High School Diploma or equivalency (HSED or GED).
- Computer literacy in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Projects, etc