Our client in the Pleasant Prairie, WI is seeking a The Die Cast Value Stream Manager will be responsible for supporting, managing, improving, planning, and implementing all activities for the die cast department. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring on-time delivery of products, on-time machine maintenance, die cast engineering, die cast inventory and safety management. The Die Cast Value Stream Manager is also responsible for overseeing and managing the work of all die cast personnel including die cast operators, die cast maintenance technicians, die cast team leads, and die cast engineering technicians.
Founded in 1950, our client is dedicated to delivering an innovative approach to lightweighting, noise and vibrations solutions.
Our combination of metals expertise and vertically integrated capabilities has enabled the company to deliver the broadest portfolio of lightweighting solutions to the marketplace. Our singular focus is on successfully balancing the need to reduce cost, weight and part complexity with the need to enhance performance, safety and fuel efficiency.
Benefits and Features:
Your role within the company:
- Coordinate and supervise activities of the Die Cast department, including but not limited to production, maintenance and process engineering.
- Maintain a high level of collaboration and professionalism in dealing with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Know, comprehend, and support the deployment of company policies and procedures.
- Direct resources to maintain customer satisfaction (schedules, quality, past dues, new launch support, and necessary containment).
- Operate within planned budgets and improve financial performance and profitability.
- Continuously contributes to launching new business, equipment purchases, and the development of business systems related to the growth of the plant.
- Ensures safety measures are adhered to and appropriate measures are taken to promote employee and operational safety.
- Work with the EHS Department to ensure compliance with all OSHA and other state/federal safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Ensure manufacturing standards are established and disseminated appropriately in collaboration with the engineering department as new business is acquired.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly reviews and creates plans for improvements and tracks progress/results.
- Provide resources and coaching to personnel to improve performance metrics.
- Drive growth and development opportunities for die cast department personnel.
- Examine delivery priorities and schedules and assign personnel work accordingly.
- Audit Plex management system results and conduct root cause analysis to determine deficiencies and correction plans.
- Participate in regular department meetings to discuss Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Lead efforts to improve productivity, efficiency, uptime and changeover time to achieve goals.
- Lead efforts in Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED) activity.
- Lower inventory through increased frequency of changeovers by reducing overall time between production orders.
- Communicate issues, recommendation, and implementing solutions with upper management.
- Job duties may include operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing the die cast machines, furnace and related equipment in the Die Cast Department.
- Work with Quality department to maintain the high quality standards of die cast products.
- Establish, prepare, implement, revise, and maintain policies and procedures, work instructions, and training modules required by TS-16949 Quality System.
- Assist set-up employees on more complex and involved work.
- Other duties, tasks, and actions as necessary, required and/or assigned.
- Knowledge of TS-16949 Quality System.
- Plex or other production Management Systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum five years-experience in a production foundry environment and management/ lead supervision levels.
- High School diploma or equivalency (HSED or GED).
- Strong administrative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Basic computer literacy.
- College degree or equivalent experience in a manufacturing or business related field.