Seeking a Field Service Technician for the New Jersey Region, great company with full benefits.
Field Service Technician(s) will be responsible for performing field related preventative and routine repairs on all products operating within the New Jersey region.
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent and able to adapt to all of the forces around them - customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers and manufacturers’ employees.
- Ability to travel to customer(s) locations to perform engine and equipment related repairs.
- Assist in resolving customer related issues in a timely matter.
- Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned.
- Pre-Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs.
- Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective manner.
- Ensure all repairs are completed as assigned and according to manufacturer requirements.
- Ensure proper cosmetic appearance upon completion of repairs.
- Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned per Power Center return parts guidelines.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and safe condition.
- All communications with customers are conducted in a manner reflecting respect and honesty.
- All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair.
- Complete all work orders and time sheets in a timely manner.
- Consult, when necessary, with Service Department ticket system to ensure accuracy and approval of repairs.
- Perform all work in accordance with all established policies and procedures.
- Assist in the proper filing of warranty claims and/or customer invoices.
- Follow all employee policies and procedures, especially pertaining to travel and company credit cards.
- Other duties as assigned by branch management personnel.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and /or a minimum of two years Diesel engine experience.
- Certification/Training in heavy equipment and/or diesel engine repairs preferred.
- Experience in diagnose, repair of NG/CNG, Tier 3-4 emissions level preferred.
- Working knowledge of Diesel engines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Meet all local/state and company requirements to operate a company assigned service vehicle.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Excellent communication skill (writing, speaking in person and over the phone).
- Proficient in the use of basic computer functions and portable diagnostic tools.
- Candidate must have own tools. Key tools will be provided.
- Ability to lift / carry 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Standard PPEs as facility requires- Steel Toe Shoes, Safety Glasses, earplugs where required
- Follow company COVID PPE requirements