We are excited to partner with our client, as they have a full-time opening for an Distribution Supervisor (must have SAP experience). This position is in Macon, GA and offers a base salary and benefits. Scheduling interviews ASAP!!
The Distribution Center Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
1. Planning daily shipments to meet on time delivery by establishing picking and loading goals for staff 2. Supervise/Manage employees involved in picking, shipping, loading trucks, stacking and scrap
3. Determine space requirements for storage
4. Ensure accuracy of inventory with daily cycle counts and ensure accurate transactions are performed by all staff
5. Train, Develop and follow-up with New Hired employees and help to re-train and sustain current employees
6. Ensure clean, safe working environment for all employees 7. Monitor staff for adherence to company policies and perform necessary disciplinary actions when needed.
8. Provide multiple daily updates to DC Manager on progression of assigned tasks
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business Administration or other related field preferred ( 5+ years of combined college education and work experience may be substituted for a degree)
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a Transportation, Shipping or Customer service business environment
• Must have 3 – 5 years prior management experience in distribution environment.
• Intermediate level proficiency with the MS Office platform
• Broad business knowledge of supply chain work-flow
• Knowledge of distribution operating systems and business processes, SAP experience preferred
• Demonstrated success leading in a union environment
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written including the ability to communicate with all levels of management.