We are excited to partner with our client, as they have a full-time opening for a 1st Shift Electrician in Sweedsboro, NJ. This position pays between $26 - $30 an hour (DOE) and has excellent benefits, including 401K. Please see a detailed job description below. We hope to hear from you today!
The Maintenance Electrician works with the maintenance team to maintain, install, and repair production equipment. Will perform tasks related to upkeep of the physical facilities when assigned.
• Assist in moving, erecting, and dismantling machinery and equipment.
• Practice good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to all company policies.
• Contact vendors and outside contractors for help on some projects.
• Maintains and install facility lighting and power systems, both interior and exterior.
• Maintain and installs emergency electrical equipment.
• Prepare areas in advance of equipment moves to ensure minimal downtime.
• Troubleshoots and repairs production equipment.
• Knowledge of industrial electricity (Ohms Law), AC, DC, power and control circuitry.
• Thorough knowledge of latest requirements of National Electric Code.
• Ability to bend and install conduit and determine correct fittings and installation methods.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair various electrical and mechanical issues.
• Knowledge on use of mechanical hand tools such as saws, hammers, drills, etc.
• Experience using voltmeters, amp meters, circuit tracers, meggers, and other electrical measuring devices.
• Ability to lean and reach, climb ladders, bend, stoop, kneel, work in confined spaces, etc.
• Good understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, and plumbing systems.
• Ability to safely operate company forklifts, man-lifts, and vehicles.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Log and record various repairs and inspections.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
• HS Diploma (or equivalent).
• Associates Degree or 5+ years of experience with Industrial Electrical installations and machinery repair.