Our client in currently seeking a Brewing Supervisor that leads, coaches, and motivates a 24-hour operation with limited managerial support on off-shifts to ensure high quality products are produced safely and effectively through maximizing efficiency and the continuous improvement of our brewery. This role serves as a leader for Brewing.
Benefits and Features:
Health, Life, Dental and so many more. . .Just ask. What a great opportunity this is.
What you’ll do at the company:
- Partners with Safety Manager and Head Brewer to champion a safety first culture
- Promptly addresses and resolves safety concerns or issues from team members, escalates issues as needed.
- Completes accident investigations with team members.
- Participates in and leads safety training/seminars.
- Assists with hiring for the Brewing Department, ensuring the selection of employees who reflect positively of the company ethos at work and off work.
- Responsible for scheduling and payroll execution.
- Conducts bi-annual performance evaluations for team members.
- Regularly conduct 1:1 with team members
- Develops team members to lead, manage, and make sound decisions in all performance aspects of day-to-day operations
- Holds meetings to present information to the team; identifies action items and supports meeting agendas
- Partners with Head Brewer on all disciplinary actions for team members.
- Responsible for producing weekly brewing schedule
- Works with packaging to coordinate schedule changes, create filtration plans, and resolve problems.
- Adheres to all schedules, makes adjustments when needed, but provides reasoning for changes
- Responsible for partnering with Procurement team for the timely delivery of all raw materials related to production schedule in the cellar, brewhouse, and filtration.
- Ensures process controls for wort production, cleaning and sanitation, fermentation performance, yeast removal, dry hopping, chilling performance, centrifugation, filtration and carbonation are met during the shift.
- Troubleshoots issues with team members, finds root causes, implements effective solutions, and escalates problems when needed.
- Meets with lab to review adherence to specifications and troubleshoot issues.
- Promptly reports deviations from product specifications or SOP’s.
- Makes sure all daily paperwork is completed properly.
- Reviews brewsheets for proper accounting and ensures all units of measurements are consistent.
- Makes sure ingredient lot codes are referenced to a batch number.
- Ensures all inputs and resulting output for each batch are entered into ERP system.
- Supports monthly inventory counts and subsequent adjustments.
- Ensures cleanliness and order in all brewing departments.
- Ensures adherence to established product specifications.
- Seeks opportunities for continuous improvement and presents to brewing team.
- Works with Head Brewer on special assignments or projects as needed.
- Collaborates with other shifts to complete initiatives, solve problems, and complete shift pass-on.
- Ensures adherence to company SOPs, edits current SOPs, and assists in developing new SOPs.
- Ensures proper CIP and sanitary practices to prevent contamination issues.
- Identifies and eliminates issues leading to out of specification product.
- Participates in daily taste panel.
- Reports electrical and mechanical failures to maintenance, provides documentation, coordinates shutdowns, and assists with executing PMS.
- Works with vendors while on site to further improve aspects of the brewery and undergo training on equipment.
- Responsible for the safety of all team members and required to audit area/tasks for safety compliance and work with EH&S manager to ensure compliance to company and OSHA policies.
- Actively participate in safety meetings, audits, and good catch program. Perform 5Why and accident investigation when needed.
- Monitor “Good Catch” program to ensure that action is being taken to solve safety issues.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- A minimum of 4 years in the brewing industry.
- B.S. in Brewing Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Food Science, or certification from recognized brewing school preferred.
- Very strong technical understanding of the brewing process and brewing quality control points.
- Solid working knowledge of pneumatic systems, industrial electricity, mechanical power, steam generation and distribution, industrial refrigeration and sanitary process piping systems strongly preferred
- Experience with trouble shooting and programming of automated equipment control platforms (i.e., Allen- Bradley, Siemens PCS7, Rockwell Automation) strongly preferred.
- Awareness of OSHA regulations, GMP, State Agricultural practices/policies, TTB regulations, plant safety regulations, FDA guidelines for food plant operations and environmental regulations regarding manufacturing brewery operations.
- Experience with ERP or MRP software.
- Willing to work weekends and evenings; acceptance of varying and flexible schedules.
- Results driven focus.
- Proven leadership experience to include; team building, coaching and motivation, change management, and process management.
- Excellent communication skills such as the ability to clearly articulate issues, opportunities and risk when making decisions.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Exhibits the flexibility needed to respond to frequent changes in production requirements and/or systems and equipment failures.
- Reports to the Head Brewer.
- Daily interaction with the lab, packaging, and maintenance.
- Ability to lift 44 lbs. repeatedly.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crawl, climb and work in tight spaces.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Forklift/pallet jack proficiency required.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, overtime as necessary, & holidays and weekends.