Our client in the Chicago, IL area is currently looking for a 2nd shift Electrician,
Benefits and Features: Health, Life, Dental, 401K
Your role within the company:
- Installs and maintains electric motors, control cabinets, motor starters, drives, wiring, sensors, switches, and general electric/electronic devices.
- Troubleshoots and maintains control systems, HMI’s (PanelView), programmable logic controllers (Allen Bradley, Siemens), Variable Frequency Drives, and power distribution systems.
- Maintains and calibrates instrumentation equipment (Endress + Hauser).
- Troubleshoots and maintains industrial process control networks and components (Profibus, ASiBus, Ethernet, DeviceNet).
- Identifies root cause of problems. Proposes and implements solutions.
- Reaches out to vendors/OEMs as needed for technical support.
- Uses Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to check work order assignment and report completed work.
- Generates parts requisitions using parts inventory control system.
- Completes preventive maintenance routines as assigned.
- Attends shift change meetings & participates in all continuous improvement initiatives, contributing to the achievement of Company goals and KPI's.
- Promotes, adheres to, and acts as a role model of all safety standards/policies set by OSHA; actively participates in safety meetings, audits, and good catch program.
- Keeps work area clean and organized; ensures that good housekeeping and safe work practices are followed.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by leadership.
- Minimum 5 years of industrial electrical experience; Food or beverage industry, brewing or high-speed carbonated beverage packaging experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with trouble shooting and basic programming of automated equipment control platforms (i.e., Allen- Bradley, Siemens PCS7, Rockwell Automation); strong analytical skills.
- Experience completing preventative maintenance activities; ability to complete basic mechanical maintenance tasks.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot fiber optics and telephone lines is a plus.
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and equipment manuals.
- Ability to use a computer, keyboard, and calculator, as well as precision measuring equipment, testing equipment, and special tools.
- Results driven, proactive, able to work effectively with minimal supervision, both individually and within a team.
- Excellent communication skills, able to clearly articulate issues, opportunities and risk.
- Work environment is both indoors within a Production environment and outside in the elements/ potential inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of shift; ability to stoop, kneel, bend, crawl, climb and work in tight spaces.
- Must be able to work flexible/rotating/off shifts, holidays, weekends and/or overtime as necessary to support business operations.