EmployBridge Search Group
is looking for a qualified Buyer who is responsible for timely procurement of assigned material, equipment and/or services with optimal total costs in the Layton, Utah area.
- Researches, identifies and develops reliable sources of supply for production materials, supplies and services.
- Analyze and select sources of supply based upon purchase cost, considering such items as price, quality, delivery performance, stocking programs, terms, responsiveness, etc.
- Place and/or release purchase orders for commodities/services assigned with the most appropriate source after issues such as terms, conditions, delivery, and quality requirements have been resolved.
- Develop and maintain information and records identifying such items as sources of materials and services, current prices, discounts, freight terms, etc.
- Manage inventory levels of production materials and supplies.
- Develop, implement and maintain an automated purchasing system.
- Interfaces with all levels of production and administrative staff.
- Must contribute to department team incentive goals. Team incentive goals and rewards are based on productivity, in both quantity and quality of work and the accuracy to which the job and/or processes are completed.
- Support of and involvement in company, department, and/or safety policies, procedures, programs and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or A minimum of 2 years of related experience in a manufacturing purchasing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.