EmployBridge Search Group
is currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer in the Lake Forest CA area. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for assisting the development and delivery of all electrical related functions of medical products that meet customer needs and regulatory requirements while achieving the business goals of the company. The Electrical Engineer will participate in the product development team to provide electrical detailed design of medical device electronics in an FDA regulated environment.
- Production support of sustaining activities on current devices, update drawings, and test procedures.
- Collaborate with engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve problems.
- Write functional qualification test procedure and testing
- Prepare drawings, ECN, and other duties as assigned
- Use the following test equipment: Oscilloscope, DVM, Logic analyzer, JTAG programmer.
- Assists in planning, designing, prototype testing, and validating all electronic product designs to meet high-reliability and high-performance standards.
- Completes design documentation, including BOM’s and system specifications.
- Participates in product transfer to production.
- Helps develop and validate testing platforms to support production.
- Follows internal policies and procedures to complete work assignments and comply with FDA/QSR design controls for the development of medical device electronics and embedded software.
- Applies his/her knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Research and investigates new technology, components, materials, and processes that can be applied to future generation products.
- Troubleshoot and perform analog and digital circuits analysis on PCBs.
- Conducts failure investigations
- BS in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline.
- 1 plus year of applied experience required.
- Circuit board Design and multi-layer preferred.
- Experience in analog and digital circuits for devices. Preferred in Microprocessor, FPGA, CPLD, SDRAM, Flash, and high-speed logic.
- Medical Device experience a plus
- Troubleshooting and analysis of failed boards to the component level
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, OrCAD schematic, and layout. Knowledge of standards such as IEC 60601 and RoHS
- Excellent presentation skills both verbally and written.
- Strong analytical skills
- Microsoft Office Products