EmployBridge Search Group
is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician in the Minden Nevada area. The Maintenance Technician will provide support to the entire manufacturing facility to ensure quality and minimize production downtime. This position contributes to the ongoing upkeep of facility, machinery, equipment, and plant operations by providing repairs, adjustments, installations, and preventive maintenance necessary for proper function and appearance of operations. Perform changeovers, set-ups, and maintenance of all manufacturing equipment. The maintenance mechanic will participate in all major rebuilds and plant facilities maintenance.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement
- Working knowledge of basic elements of TPM and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in a manufacturing environment
- Apply a variety of methods, procedures & techniques to layout, install, align, repair, overhaul, and maintain various types of machines on mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems and operation principles
- Performs preventive maintenance on mechanical systems to include disassembly, cleaning, reassembly, and calibration
- Clean, lubricate, and adjusts parts, equipment, and machinery
- Inspect parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear
- Observe and test the operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices
- Operate newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify completion of repairs
- Ability to reads blueprints and manufacturers' manuals to determine correct installation and operation of machinery
- Demonstrates equipment functions and features to machine operators
- Record repairs, maintenance, parts and materials used, orders or requisitions new parts and materials as necessary
- Ensure the safety needs are given a top priority in operations support and work execution
- Complete mechanical troubleshooting, repair of miscellaneous equipment, preventative maintenance
- High school graduate or GED
- 2 plus years of maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong mechanical and maintenance aptitude
- Electrical knowledge and troubleshooting highly desired
- Experience with pumps, piping, instrumentation equipment, welding, use of hoists, cranes, and fine measurement devices is a plus
- Experience with food manufacturing, and in steam related equipment preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing and HACCP a plus
- Mechanical devices, troubleshooting & repair, and safe work practices
- Microsoft Office Product experience
- Own standard tools. Any specialty tools are provided by the company.
- The shift is on a 4/10 schedule. Shifts 2nd and 3rd.
- Shift differential provided.