EmployBridge is recruiting for an 2nd Shift Distribution Manager for the Kansas City, MO area.
Assists in the management of the Kansas City Distribution Center, as well as, supervision of shift operations to ensure productive, efficient, timely, and accurate performance. Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes that ensure operational efficiency and provide superior service to our customers.
- Directly supervises and oversees the day-to-day operations of a group of coworkers, including seasonal workers as required, to ensure safe, efficient, and effective use of personnel and equipment.
- Maintains appropriate records and prepares reports, as necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and implements improvements in current processes and systems to maximize productivity and customer service.
- May oversee the completion of projects including planning; delegation of duties, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, etc.
- Communicates on a regular basis with leads, warehouse staff, and management to ensure achievement of corporate and department objectives.
- Develops, coaches, and mentor subordinate staff and utilizes corrective action as necessary. Responsible for ensuring all coworkers are properly trained regarding but not limited to ISO and safety policies.
- Conducts performance reviews; develops goal-based performance plans; recommends salary adjustments; schedules and approves overtime.
- Estimates personnel needs and ensures adequate staffing to meet organizational and departmental expectations.
- Ensures maintenance of equipment and a safe, clean work environment.
- Schedules orders within the system as required to ensure a smooth and efficient process flow.
- Assists operations manager with additional responsibilities as identified by manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED required; some college preferred
- Min 3-5 years mgmt exp of 20+ coworkers, multiple teams, and hourly staff.
- Experience in leading high-performance teams to improve process, drive quality, and improve fiscal performance.
- Change management exp and demonstrated ability to effectively drive process improvements.
- Previous logistics experience is preferred and helpful.
- SAP and PC experience required.