This role will report directly to the Vice President of Parts and Service to ensure an effective strategy
is executed. This will require:
Dealer Support Management
- Lead the Dealer Support Center, who addresses dealer inquiries and cases by phone and/or Sales Force case management
- Lead the detection, analysis, verification, and resolution of technical problems and issues on equipment
- Conduct technical research and provide technical and repair solutions
- Support and help conduct Dealer Service Training
- Support internal departments and trade shows
- Develop regular metrics and reports to monitor and improve the responsiveness and effectiveness of the Service operations
Field Service Management
- Lead the technical field staff, visit dealers on an as needed basis to quickly and effectively resolve service issues
- On-site technical assistance to Dealers and Customers
- Field Service Scheduling and Management
- Problem resolution tracking and reporting
- Escalation and Reporting of issues
- Complete Field Service Reports
- Onsite training in products, processes and procedures
- Develop Field Repair solutions in coordination with Engineering and Dealer Support Center
Operational processes and procedures
- Responsible for the efficiency, effectiveness, physical appearance and safety of the working environment
- Review and improve the operating environment through establishing and maintaining housekeeping standards (5s)
- Ensure health and safety standards are achieved on an ongoing basis and actively promote individual responsibility for health and safety
- Ensure all direct activities have a relevant standard operating procedure and actively pursue the elimination of waste through the application of continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Anticipate and overcome obstacles.
Monitoring and measuring
- Develop and maintain appropriate daily, weekly and monthly reporting mechanisms to monitor, control and improve performance
- Provide weekly, daily and monthly performance reports and develop and maintain visual management boards for the team
- Monitor progress against Key Performance Indicators and cost against budget
- Observe value stream waste, coach and drive Lean principle and methodologies for waste removal.
- Manage the allocation of work daily, controlling headcount and overtime budgets and ensuring cost, quality and delivery targets are met
- Establish work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop labor utilization standards.
- Promote flexibility through skills training and personal development
- Monitor team absence and performance, taking action where necessary
- Create and maintain a positive team culture and spirit encouraging involvement from all team members when sharing group, company and team information
- Work with appropriate parties to provide solutions to team issues taking account of the appropriate policies and ethical practice
- Educate team members on Lean concepts, tools and methods.
- Establish excellent working relationships and partnerships, based on an open two-way communication style:
- Team Members
- Team Leaders
- Group Managers
- Plant Manager
- Senior Managers
- Customers and Prospects
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
The Customer Service Manager needs to be hands-on and collaborative. This individual will have ability to communicate-effectively with dealers, customers and internal team members. The candidate will need to demonstrate success in implementing new initiatives and opportunities along with problem solving and continuously improving existing operations.
The ideal candidate will:
• Five to seven years of practical experience in OEM Service Operations Management in the Equipment Industry
• SAP experience preferred
• Expert level knowledge of MS Excel, proficient in MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Ability to plan and execute projects with cross-functional teams.
• Motivated to identify waste, propose improvements and support implementation of
• Strong communication, presentation skills and teamwork skills with the ability to build trust and credibility globally which includes winning approval from various stakeholders.
• Demonstrate a high degree of creativity and mature judgement in anticipating and solving non-reoccurring, unprecedented problems. Have a Root Cause / Countermeasure approach to problem resolution.
• Project management skills with the ability to plan, create, maintain and resolve open
issues, lead functional teams, financial tracking and management of program fund
• Provide leadership in execution, completing assignments and projects on time.
• Process driven, detailed oriented, results driven and self-motivated
• High energy with a sense of urgency who is resilient and self-confident
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field required
• Master’s degree strongly preferred