This role will report directly to the Director of Engineering/Executive Director Liaison to ensure an effective strategy is executed. This will require:
• Assist customer support teams by providing information, researching solutions, and
troubleshooting field problems.
• Travel may be required with the service team to troubleshoot and diagnose machine
problems and customer complaints.
• Support the manufacture and assembly of machines through continuous improvement by understanding production needs and targets and implementing changes to achieve those goals.
• Assist with troubleshooting machines throughout the manufacturing process to ensure on time delivery and delivered quality.
• Evaluates electrical products, components, and systems to ensure that they meet machine applications and customer expectations.
• Application of electrical and controls systems knowledge to research, design, and
document testing programs for component level to machine level testing.
• Execute test plans either individually, or in coordination with domestic and international engineering teams to confirm fitness for use in customer applications.
• Prepares reports to support the product roadmap by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information and industry trends.
• Develops electrical systems by studying customer requirements, researching
manufacturing methods, and working cross functionally to implement component and
system level changes.
• Prepare and execute DFMEA and PFMEA to mitigate risk and improve quality.
• Use sound engineering practices to produce error-free design packages.
• Ensure product and company compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
The Electrical Engineer need to be on-hands and collaborative. This individual will have ability to communicate-effectively with internal team members, customers and vendors. The candidate will need to demonstrate success in implementing new initiatives and opportunities along with problem solving and continuously improving existing operations.
The ideal candidate will:
• Five or more years of practical experience in heavy equipment design and manufacturing preferred.
• Experience working directly with customers and field service technicians to troubleshoot and improve equipment.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with electronics and electrical systems and components selection to meet criteria for performance and duty cycle.
• Wide understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes for heavy equipment controls.
• Competent using standard multimeter and PC’s on engine controls and vehicle systems for testing and troubleshooting.
• Ability to read, interpret and generate or modify electrical schematics and drawings.
• Ability to plan and execute projects with cross-functional teams.
• Strong communication, presentation skills and teamwork skills with the ability to build trust and credibility globally which includes winning approval from various stakeholders.
• Demonstrate a high degree of creativity and mature judgement in anticipating and solving non-reoccurring, unprecedented problems. Have a Root Cause / Countermeasure approach to problem solving.
• Project management skills with the ability to plan, create, maintain and resolve open issues, lead functional teams, financial tracking and management of program fund spending.
• Provide leadership in execution, completing assignments and projects on time.
• Process driven, detailed oriented, results driven and self-motivated.
• High energy with a sense of urgency who is resilient and self-confident.
• Ability to travel throughout the United States and Internationally.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.