Founded in 1971, Our client believes that new is something They never turn away. Built on a culture of creative innovation and embracing different product niches, they are always prepared for what’s on the horizon. Their reputation is staked on our spirit of adaptability and integrity as a partner. They make it our everyday focus to deliver.
Benefits and Features:
Your role within the company:
- Troubleshoots manufacturing problems and related tooling, equipment or process issues
- Develops new tooling and/or gauging to meet customer requirements or resolve customer complaints
- Develop, maintain and optimize injection molding processes/standards for all molded parts.
- Develops and write programs for robot pick and place, de-molding and de-gating.
- Implement and maintain strategies to reduce scrap to targeted levels.
- Trial new molds, materials, equipment, technologies, etc. as necessary.
- Assist with development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Root cause analysis of production issues and implementing corrective actions.
- Develop and train individuals on injection molding processing SOPs and setup procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned with installing new equipment and capital for Injection Molding and Injection Tooling
- with program management to ensure timely and accurate delivery of new tooling and engineering changes.
- Provides technical assistance to the sales and program managers group where applicable.
- Proactively lead project feasibility activities internally/externally to ensure product and tool designs are optimized.
- Act as project leader to ensure robust planning, tracking and reporting of all critical injection mold project activities.
- Ensure that projects are efficiently managed and meet or exceed all timing, quality expectations.
- Attend injection mold tryouts to insure tooling meets the customer standards. Documenting all issues, performing root cause analysis and driving all open issues to resolution.
- Report on all critical project issues regularly to department management and to the customer.
- Manage PM schedules for tools with standard frequency
- Manage all tooling repairs to keep production running
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in plastics processing
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail and an organized approach to problem solving.
- Problem Solving
- Oral Communication