Our client founded in 1972 is a family owned and operated pharmaceutical contract manufacturing organization offering fully integrated supply chain support.
Features and Benefits:
401K with a 3% Match
Bonuses and Incentives
Your role with the company:
Quality Control Analytical Chemist for the Union, MO facility. Primary responsibilities include performing all duties necessary as a QC Analytical Chemist under the general direction of the department supervisor. While performing duties, roles are flexible to improve how work is done, to streamline processes, and to meet deadlines. This position will report the Quality Laboratory Supervisor.
- Perform analytical testing of raw materials, in-process samples, finished goods and stability samples in a GMP/GLP laboratory environment.
- As needed, serve as primary lead investigator or support investigator for out of specification investigations
- May act as a backup to Microbiological Specialist to conduct microbiological analysis on raw materials, in-process goods, and/or finished products and make evaluation to determine conformance to specification.
- Maintain data documentation in accordance with cGMP and company standards.
- Interface with personnel from other companies/laboratories regarding testing discrepancies and method/instrument problems.
- Maintain inventory of chemicals, apparatus, and equipment for analytical laboratory and satellite laboratories.
- Maintain the analytical lab in accordance with GMP/Plant housekeeping procedures.
- 0-3 years’ experience in a GMP-regulated laboratory required
- Experience with reverse phase HPLC chromatography and Gas Chromatography a plus. Experience with Agilent chromatography systems and Chemstation/OpenLab software is a plus.
- Experience with AA and UV assays a plus
- Working knowledge of USP, EU compendia test methods for raw material testing.
- Experience conducting OOS investigations a plus.
- Collegiate undergraduate/graduate research experience may be considered in lieu of work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Projects professional, responsive and positive image.
- Detail oriented
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- BS degree in Chemistry OR BS degree in Biology or Microbiology preferred or equivalent experience
- QC laboratory experience (including HPLC and GC) in a GMP environment preferred
- 0-3 years’ experience in a Quality Control Analytical laboratory working with HPLC, GC, AA, and UV instruments