We are excited to partner with our client, as they have a full-time opening for a Quality Manager in York, PA. This position offers a competitive base salary, excellent benefits (that start within 30 days of employment) and annual bonus. Please see a detailed job description below. We hope to hear from you today!
Job Description - Quality Manager
- The Quality Manager will manage and analyze data from customers and internal sources as input for problem-solving and communicate/report to appropriate personnel.
- Experience working in a 3PL (third party logistics), Distribution or Manufacturing environment is required.
- The Quality Manager will directly supervises Quality functions and staff across all shifts and provides a consistent direction of the company’s quality plans.
- Administer all projects and documentation relative to assigned processes (i.e. operator instructions, PFMEA’s, and process control plans).
- Develop and design irreversible corrective actions for known problems. Use established problem-solving techniques to reduce process variation.
- Manage quality processes and reports – 3rd party sorts, suspect material, damage material etc. – Suspect Material - maintain relationships with suppliers to deal with suspect material.
- Champion Lean engineering goals. Includes being an aid in developing, implementing, and maintaining a Lean culture within the organization using a hands-on approach in order to provide input on processes from a quality perspective.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of the Quality System. Reports to Management on the effectiveness of the Quality System.
- Generate, interpret, analyze, and communicate results using management tools, graphs, and reports; actively coach the organization concerning quality with tools and reports.
- Provide input on document enhancement and retention; Maintain ISO documentation and controls, administer activities required to maintain ISO certification, and actively coach the organization for maintaining ISO system.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field preferred.
- Progressive experience performing professional-level quality management duties; preferably in the automotive or logistics industry.
- Additional education, training and/or work experience in area of specialization inherent to the position may be required.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures used in logistics operations and practice.