We are excited to partner with our client (Automotive Manufacturer), as they have several openings for Tool & Die Technicians in Tupelo, Mississippi. This position offers a competitive hourly salary $30 an hour, plus benefits that start day one, and future growth opportunities. Also, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE is available.
Please see a detailed job description below, and we hope to hear from you today!
Tool & Die Maintenance Job Description
The Stamping / Die Manufacturing Department is looking for passionate and highly-motivated Die Maintenance Technicians. The primary responsibility of this role is to perform preventative maintenance on Stamping / Die mechanical equipment in accordance with standards.
Reporting to the Stamping / Die Manufacturing Supervisor, the person in this role will support the department's objective by participating in problem solving and continuously improving safety, quality and productivity.
What you’ll be doing
- Perform welding, grinding, operate cranes, machining, & fabrication.
- Perform machining, finishing, assembly and tuning of dies.
- Support in line tryouts or line calls of dies.
- Carry out emergency repairs if any issues arise.
- Perform die modifications for surface quality and accuracy.
- Work in a team setting.
- Occasionally travel to support off site activities
- Log daily book entries to communicate activities, issues and progress of die work.
Benefits for you to consider...
- Experience building and/or maintaining high volume stamping dies, welding ability, spotting ability and hand finishing skills.
- Knowledge of cutting and forming sheet metal stamping operation
- Experience in industrial maintenance and/or military experience
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Demonstrated success in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Technical knowledge and skills in the following areas: Tool & Die, Welding, Machining
- Available to work any shift including overtime, holidays, weekends, and shutdowns
- Outer surface panel experience
- Perform basic administrative skills including documentation of work performed by written/electronic methods
- Ability to problem solve and continuously improve safety, quality, and productivity
What you should know
* 12 hour shifts - 6am -6pm CST (Rotating Shifts)
- A work environment build on team work, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from company regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
* This role will work in the Welding Shop
* Welding Certification is a plus