Our client is a a small business located in St. Peters, Missouri specializing in high-complexity machined-parts and assemblies for the aerospace and maritime industries. They are s a turnkey supplier with extensive capabilities, including CNC machining, design engineering, mechanical and electrical assembly, painting, kitting, welding, and NADCAP-certified penetrant and magnetic particle inspection.
Benefits and Features:
Health, Life, Dental,401K, Vacation
Your role with the company:
- Assist executive leadership in the creation and implementation of the company’s strategic vision.
- Advance the design and implementation of a cross-functional management system, focused on identifying KPI’s, visual controls for tracking their performance on a daily basis, and rapidly taking action based upon that performance.
- Provide subject matter expertise in structured problem solving and root cause analysis, leading complex investigations and teaching / coaching others in problem solving methodology.
- Build capabilities and lead execution of Operational Excellence application support, including 5S, Leader Standard Work, Visual Controls, Risk Management, Change Management, value stream mapping, and strategy deployment.
- Facilitate team meetings (operational readiness, project specific, etc.) using meeting management best practices to drive cross-functional communication, timely and effective decision making, and successful execution of project objectives.
- Champion the strategic direction and transformation of Continuous Improvement by simplifying, standardizing, and integrating improvement programs
- Effectively communicate with team members, senior leaders and key stakeholders on the status, objectives, risks, and mitigation plans associated with projects, as well as ensure team members are aware of integrated project timelines.
- Improve upon the standard operating margins as planned;
- Initiates productivity improvements through the identification of different equipment, fixturing, and other innovations;
- Identify potential manufacturing or other operational bottlenecks and initiate corrective action when under realm of authority or communicate to the responsible party;
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function of this position.
Check the minimum level of formal education that is required to perform this job satisfactorily.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivelent experience)
Additional Information: Minimum of 10 years operational experience. Experience in aerostructures environment; machining, fabrication, processing, and / or assembly is highly preferred.
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
Standard Work for Lean Leaders
Mergers and Acquisitions
Lean 5s / 6 Sigma