PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The Director of Operations is responsible for managing high capacity plant operations for one or more locations, participating in budget development, monitoring budgeted versus actual costs, and is accountable for department Profit and Loss (P&L).
MAJOR AREAS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Provide leadership, mentoring and management of operations team in the expansion and support of continuous improvement.
- Drive standardization and consistency in training team members within each facility to ensure consistent delivery of services and flawless execution leading to a uniform customer experience.
- Leverage technology and equipment to drive efficiencies in the warehouse.
- Provide frequent warehouse monitoring, auditing and enforcement of system processes, safe working practices in adherence to OSHA regulations, and work with the quality team to perform auditing of systems and processes.
- Oversee and improve upon established systems, workflow and reporting within the operational environment.
- Provide leadership to align operations with overall objectives including the establishment of relationships with client services.
- Develop strong relationships with external and internal partners including clients and vendors.
- Actively participate in RFP, pricing negotiations and client facing meetings.
- Drive continuous improvement and support LEAN and best practice initiatives.
- Oversee overall space capacity and facility management; quality and engineering needs for plant operations; P&L
- Recruit, interview, access and hire key talent
- Anticipate future resource, process, procedure, and system requirements as changes in business dictate
- Responsible for all budgeting and reporting including labor costs and operating expenses
- Manage distribution and fulfillment operations including staffing, training, safety, equipment maintenance, inventory control, budgeting, and processes/procedures to maintain a quality warehouse operation
- Responsible for performing or overseeing planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance including commendation or disciplinary action; and resolving employee inquiries or complaints
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Work with Human Resources as a team on issues, employee development, safety and communications
- Respectful and non-threatening treatment of others
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
QUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS) REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in business, MBA preferred
- 10 + years experience in operational management in a multiple distribution center setting with exhibited outstanding leadership and team building qualities.
- Ability to interface with clients to address current and future needs and resolve client issues.
- Knowledge of US Mail, Parcel, LTL, TL and International shipping requirements.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence and to adjust as required based on the audience.
- Highly organized with the ability to train, motivate, and maintain an efficient and energetic team environment.
- Working knowledge and experience in fulfillment, warehouse, shipping/receiving disciplines, inventory and warehouse management systems.
- Ability to work with a variety of disciplines and levels within the organization.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to handle a fast paced and changing environment
- Outstanding leadership and managerial skills.