EmployBridge Search Group
is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer in the Albuquerque New Mexico area.The Manufacturing Engineer would be responsible for delivering a predictable flow of quality products at the rate. Oversee the manufacturing flow and development of the processes to ensure quality products that meet both the customer and the company’s standards and expectations. Constant interface with the customer, program manager, manufacturing leads, and operators as well as upper management to accomplish the tasks necessary to meet the goals.The Manufacturing Engineer supports the manufacturing process from quoting, product development, and customer support for his/her products/customers.The Manufacturing Engineer is the primary technical contact for the customer and assures customer satisfaction through required data, reports, and corrective action.
- Apply design for manufacturing principles to perform analysis of new and existing customers, as well as internal assembly designs, and submit modification recommendations to the appropriate customer.
- Develop a manufacturing process for new products. Ability to develop and define the manufacturing process, including process layout and concepts.
- Identify and define and resolve problems and opportunities within the facility.
- Identify the need for new processes and/or capital equipment required to produce an assembly.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing process controls and the statistical applications associated.
- Develop and document manufacturing procedures through the writing of process details. Manage and maintain revision updates.
- Ability to review engineering change orders and provide feedback on labor and process impact of change.
- Manage daily, weekly product problem solving from weekly defects, customer returns, and daily issues.
- Participate in quoting efforts through labor, tooling, and testing details.
- Reduce the total cost of manufacturing products.
- Perform training as needed.
- Qualify specific technical requests from the customer, ensuring feasibility and ultimate mutual success.
- Provide data and reports for product flow, NPI product status, issues, and defects.
- Assists with manufacturing readiness reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- One plus year of experience in a similar position, or a combination of experience and education
- Understanding of Industry standards (MIL-STD, IPC, ISO, etc.)
- Product knowledge basics of design, end-use application, component application
- Work with suppliers and contractors of equipment for new products and development of new processes.
- Six Sigma process knowledge at the application of statistics
- Project management experience
- Excellent presentation skills both verbally and written.
- Experience with ERP systems, MS Office products, CAD/Modeling software.
- Design process layouts, tooling fixtures, and mechanical assembly aids for assembly.