Seeking an Inside Sales/Customer Service Representative in Springfield, OH. Work for a well respected 135 year old privately held company. Family oriented, great culture treated with respect, profit sharing program, 401K, 3 weeks paid time off plus holidays.
Direct hire position
$40K Base salary with monthly commission.
This position is responsible for contacting prospects and customers via phone to discuss their specific needs, get reorders, add on/upgrade and introduce new and safer products.
You do not have to have industry experience just sales experience and motivation to be a top producer!
This position will also have customer service duties as well.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage existing customer accounts by strategic planning and organizing daily work schedule to call.
- Prospect for new business.
- Learn extensive product line to make accurate recommendations to customers.
- Take incoming calls including taking orders, upselling and answering technical questions.
- Prepare and submit orders obtained for processing.
- Self-motivated to initiate communication and follow-up with customers.
- Efficiently create both profitable and accurate sales.
- Establish and maintain friendly customer support via telephone, fax, email, post or any other potential media.
- Achieve all measurable daily performance standards, calls and orders.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications for personal development.
- Understand the needs and identify customer “pain” and provide relevant solutions.
- Learn industry specific concepts, terms, processes and nuances.
- Maintain levels of expectation and set personal goals, report and discuss sales numbers to manager.
- Be safety conscious by adhering to safety practices of the company.
- May include various other office duties deemed necessary by supervisor.
Education & Experience:
Abilities, Knowledge & Skills:
- Associate Degree or 1-3 years sales experience with a proven track record.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to create need beyond price comparison.
- Skilled in questioning techniques to determine needs/budget/decision maker etc.
- Must possess analytical thinking as well as reasoning skills. Should be able to resolve critical problems and conflict in business.
- Cold Calling skills, savvy with gatekeepers.
- Target oriented and believe in team work.
- Contribute to collaborative culture and maintain all interactions within our Core Values.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), organizational skills, attention to detail and time management.
- Strong PC skills, including experience using Microsoft software. Prior experience using PLEX or a CRM system is beneficial.
- Core competencies for this role include communication skills, interpersonal skills, detail oriented and sales acumen.
- Self-motivated to initiate communication and follow-up with customers and company staff.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changes.