We are excited to partner with our client, as they have a full-time opening for a 2nd Shift Pick/Pack Supervisor. This position is in Grand Rapids, MI. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please see a detailed job description below. We hope to hear from you today.
- Develop a cohesive and effective team atmosphere within their department by managing and developing employees (including performance feedback, coaching and reviews, training & development, hiring, payroll/timekeeping, terminations, and counseling) to achieve high quality results and productivity.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives in the following areas: productivity and labor costs by setting expectations, providing feedback, establishing improved processes and driving change
- Responsible for learning all functional areas in the operation to support warehouse productivity and output.
- Experience with SAP in a must.
- Responsible for facility in absence of Manager or Director of Operations.
- Plan daily workflow of product receipts and/or customer orders
- Review daily production schedules and adjust staffing levels according to distribution volume to achieve service and cost objectives
- Ensure that external customers receive the highest level of service through accurate order processing and on-time delivery
- Being accessible, responsive and resolving issues in a timely manner for both internal and external customers
- Responsible for vendor interaction to ensure accurate inventories of warehouse supplies.
- Ensure that all general warehouse employees abide by safety procedures and use proper protective equipment.
- Provide frequent communications on safety-related subjects to general warehouse employees and encourage ideas that can improve safety performance.
- Monitors daily housekeeping of the warehouse facility
- Manage submission of daily productivity information for KPI Dashboard.
- Performs other duties and tasks as needed upon request.
- High School or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred; minimum of 2 - 3 years of people and warehouse leadership experience
- Hands-on management experience in a fast paced, high volume distribution environment.
- Strong computer, analytical, and communication skills.
- Experience with SAP
- Must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, and a change agent with the ability to multi-task.
- Valid state driver’s license, with good driving record within the previous 5 years