Work for a company that has been in business for over 100 years and promotes growth and employee engagement. Seeking an Industrial Engineer in Pendergrass, GA. Direct hire position with full benefits.
Assist with planning and implementation of shop floor processes for component cleaning / inspection / remanufacturing, product assembly, and testing. Assist with development and implementation of lean manufacturing methods.
- Create and maintain production documentation
- Determine technical processes
- Determine technical resources (tools, equipment, infrastructure) needed to accomplish remanufacturing, and value add assembly.
- Research, determine, and implement plant floor layout and operational methods
- Perform time studies to determine optimum processes
- Research, develop & test tooling and fixtures for shop floor processes
- Other duties as assigned
Engineer, Production processes
- Mechanical / Manufacturing engineering education
- Experience in a manufacturing / production environment
- Familiar with internal combustion engines
- Aptitude in the following;
- Lean Manufacturing processes.
- DMAIC processes
- Lean Six Sigma
- AutoCAD and/or related CAD packages.
- SAP operating systems
- Experience in 8D problem solving technics
- Project planning
- Team formation
- Timeline creation and managing
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial;
- Equipment and components
- Equipment assembly and testing
- Component machining operations
- Knowledge of and experience in manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of and experience with lean manufacturing concepts and methods
- Working in cross functional team environments
- Knowledge of inspection and manufacturing tooling
- Critical thinking
- Kaizen Events
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently