EmployBridge Search Group
is currently recruiting for an Engineer Technician in the Albuquerque New Mexico area. The Engineer Technician will provide technical support for engineering, production, and test departments.
- Support manufacturing, production, and test engineers.
- Evaluate customer parts lists, create Bills of Materials, and process customer change requests
- Develop documented work instructions to include both verbal and pictorial descriptions of required assembly tasks.
- Work closely with the production team to ensure processes are properly documented and understood.
- Build production fixtures for improving efficiency, ergonomics, and safety
- Build electrical test racks to include instrument setup, cable assembly, and hardware mounting.
- Troubleshoot and fix issues as they arise on the production floor
- Interface with all applicable groups such as production technicians, assemblers, buyers, engineers, and others as necessary to exchange information, provide technical assistance, and share equipment
- Set up equipment and interpret specifications.
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment and systems.
- May be required to interface with customers, and provide customer support, working with users to identify needs, determine sources of problems, and to provide information on products.
- Interface with assemblers, buyers, engineers, and others.
- Assist with the transition of engineering to production.
- Train, mentor, and check the accuracy of the work of designated employees.
- Support Lean initiatives
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as required
- Associate Degree in Electronics, Manufacturing, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two plus years in electronic manufacturing preferred.
- Proficient in graphical images using Paint Shop, Adobe, or similar applications and MS Office products.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Practical application of electronic engineering, science, and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Problem-solving, analyzing, calculating, interpreting and some decision making is essential.
- Presentation skills both written and verbal.