Hiring an Operations Manager for an employee owned company, recognized for employee engagement and culture, exceptional safety record and awards, prides themselves in the development of their employees and has excellent benefits and a tenured staff
Direct hire position on the southside of Atlanta.
The role of the DC manager is to oversee an efficient, safe and high quality operation delivering excellent performance to customers and an enjoyable working environment for our personnel.
This position will have full responsibility for the DC budget but is also responsible for supporting the new business team with operational solution design proposals and developing their own Operations team in lean principles, while enhancing and harnessing employee engagement.
Full P&L understanding and accountability for the warehouse budget
- Establishing and delivering "year on year" service improvements and cost down actions.
- Liaison and work closely with the Management team to maintain customer satisfaction and respond to changes in business requirements
- Act as customer liaison to build and maintain relationships; ensuring client is satisfied with daily operation and services provided
- Drive the application of lean methodology throughout the site
- Identify and develop staff within the warehousing operation in order to grow talent
- Working with the Health & Safety Manager must maintain regulatory compliance for health, safety and security
- Project management oversight, to include resource planning, on time delivery and successful completion of various ad hoc assignments
- Ensure strict compliance to C-TPAT security requirements
- Support and direct the timely completion of warehouse studies and analyses
- Support business development projects, which vary from the proposal to the implementation and self sustaining stage.
- Oversee delivery of all daily processes
- Develop and install procedures and controls to maintain a safe & secure work environment and to ensure the safeguard of Client inventory
- Lead & develop the local warehouse operation by
- Setting goals & objectives and delivering performance appraisals annually
- Continually coaching and mentoring staff; develop staff competencies to the fullest potential
- Ensuring succession plans are in place for staff
- Utilizing the performance management process when appropriate
- Travel (as required)
- Possess excellent leadership skills & people skills
- College Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 3 to 5 years management/supervisory experience
- 5 – 7 years warehouse experience
- Proven track record with the Warehouse & Distribution industry
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Proven experience with client management
- Driven to achieve desired results and KPI’s
- Intermediate to advanced warehouse system skills, SAP R/3 Preferred
- Microsoft Access Preferred