Work for a company that has been in business for over 100 years with a solid reputation and tenured employees. State of the art facility, family oriented, community focused. Eligible for 401K on date of hire and paid for overtime even as a salaried employee.
Apply now for a Production/Assembly Supervisor in Newnan on 1st shift. Direct hire position
2 positions open:
Hours for one position are 6:45am-3:15pm
Hours for the other position are 7am-4pm
Oversee and coordinate the activities of workers. Assign duties, examine the work performed, and monitor work performance and work procedures. They also analyze and try to resolve work problems. They also suggest and initialize plans for increased work efficiency. Supervisors may possess knowledge of and perform the work of the employees they oversee. Supervisors work closely with employees. Study work schedules and estimate work-hours required for completion of job assignments. After allocating work assignments and issuing deadlines, oversee the work to ensure that it is proceeding on schedule and meeting established quality standards. This may involve reviewing each person's work or listening to how a worker deals with others. They may also may be involved in the hiring and dismissal of employees, but they generally have no role in the formulation of personnel policy.
- Job Responsibilities: Provides guidance to subordinates to ensure safe and productive work environment.
- Directs a staff of 20-40 production employees.
- Directs job assignments of employees during the course of the shift.
- Monitors and tracks employee vacation and absenteeism.
- Exercises judgment in personnel process or procedural areas of concern. Assignments may include training and development that is typical of a higher-level position.
- Advises higher-level management on work related problems on the assembly line and their impact on productivity and/or the customer.
- Coordinates small group activities and encourages Kaizen participation. Implements and adheres to all ISO-9000 procedures.
- Directs group discussions and small group activities.
- Monitors safety of assigned areas and maintains accident reports as required. Monitors, tracks, and verifies production activities on the shop floor utilizing the available production recording tools.
- Evaluates subordinates and reviews their objectives and performance.
- Creates and implements training schedules for selected employees.
- Develops employee's career path, provides coaching and counseling to subordinates, and assists them with establishing Plans and conducts periodic inventories of consumable materials.
- Constructs, plans, implements, and performs follow-up on a preventative maintenance program for the Assembly line.
- Operates on occasion a post or relieves an operator for break to ensure continuous flow of product.
- Participates in weekly production review meetings with Unit Manager.
Education / Experience:Two-year degree or equivalent experience in a technical field required.
Manufacturing experience required.
Minimum of 2 years experience in a Leadership role.
Other Required Skills:Excellent communication, Project Management, and interpersonal skills.
Strong Leadership and Organizational Skills.
5S-lean six sigma training. Management training. Self-Motivated, knowledge of Excel, Word, Access, Project, and Power Point.
Preferred Skills:Four Year degree desired.