This role will report directly to the Plant Manager to ensure an effective strategy is executed. This will require:
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, assembly, tooling and materials; conferring with equipment vendors, soliciting observations from team members.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with vendors.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Develops and improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Proven ability in production, assembly, and paint environment
- Apply continuous improvement methods (Lean, Kaizen, etc) to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Provide decision-making information by calculating production, labor and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials or processes.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Budgeting and project accountability (ROI)
The Engineer Manager will need to be on-hands and collaborative. This individual will have ability to communicate-effectively with internal team members, customers and vendors. The candidate will need to demonstrate success in implementing new initiatives and opportunities along with problem solving and continuously improving existing operations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Three or more years of practical experience in manufacturing environment.
- Ability to plan and execute projects with cross-functional teams.
- Motivated to identify waste, propose improvements and support implementation of improvement projects.
- Strong communication, presentation skills and teamwork skills with the ability to build trust and credibility globally which includes winning approval from various stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a high degree of creativity and mature judgement in anticipating and solving non-reoccurring, unprecedented problems. Have a Root Cause / Counter measure approach to problem solving.
- Project management skills with the ability to plan, create, maintain and resolve open issues, lead functional teams, financial tracking and management of program fund spending
- Provide strong leadership in execution, completing assignments and projects on time.
- Process driven, detailed oriented, results driven and self-motivated
- High energy with a sense of urgency who is resilient and self-confident
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, industrial management or other manufacturing related curriculum.
- Six Sigma Green Belt; Kaizen; Lean Manufacturing