Field Service Technician
Direct Hire – Full Time
Benefits, 401k, PTO, ST/LT etc…
Experience Level: Mid-Senior level
Our Strategic Partner, a world-class leader and respected manufacturer.
The Field Service Technician is a utilized as a primary resource, problem solver and customer service provider who will work with our customers to install, troubleshoot, upgrade and resolve issues with our Large Press equipment. This is a great opportunity to build a rewarding career and develop relations with customers who will come to know you on a first-name basis.
This position will require travel throughout the US or International. Travel is expected to be roughly 75%.
We offer excellent pay and benefits and opportunities for advancement and more!
- Travel to customer facility or provide phone support to provide troubleshooting, installation, install upgrades, perform routine maintenance and repair of Press equipment.
- Assist with retro-fits, installation of design improvements, de-installations and general support
- Investigate, diagnose and help customers as well as provide suggestions and opportunities for improvement
- Maintain technical documentation, service logs, parts ordering, and other technical materials
- Enter all reports to completion in a timely manner
- Track progress and report to management and customers of ongoing issues
- Comprise detailed service and trip reports
- Must have 5 or more years of experience troubleshooting & repairing equipment & controls
- Technical training, trade school, military technical training, Associate Degree or similar in Electronics or Engineering is highly desirable.
- Some previous experience with large press controls
- Able to read and understand blue-prints, assembly drawings, electrical schematics is a must
- Proficient in the use of precision measuring/diagnostic equipment such as laser, ballbar, micrometers, calibers, precision levels, dynamometers, multimeter, etc…
- Must have strong Customer Service Skills and be reasonably empathetic that for every hour a machine is down is revenue lost
- Must be a willing partner to resolve problems and provide solutions to customer’s problems, think outside the box when necessary, give realistic and reliable appraisals of the time to completion and help educate customers on steps they can take to prevent future issues.
At this time we are not able to provide sponsorship. Must be able to work without restrictions due to the nature of the position.