Employbridge Search Group
is currently recruiting for an Electro-Mechanical Technician in the San Diego, CA area. The Electro-Mechanical Technician will assist with the assembly of automated machines and custom equipment lines. Applying knowledge of machine design and electro-mechanical principles.
- Execute specific projects and tasks as laid out by management in a timely and effective manner.
- Assemble mechanical equipment in sophisticated automation lines
- Build out infrastructure systems necessary for the operation of the automated lines such as electrical feeds, airlines, hydraulics, water cooling systems, and material conveyance
- Work with both custom and off-the-shelf equipment and be able to adapt both to the overall equipment line integration
- Take information from schematics, blueprints and manufacturer instructions and translate it into successful build-outs
- Work with programmers and mechanical engineers to troubleshoot and debug complex automated mechanisms and machines
- Connect, commission and program PLC controller units
- Assemble and wire full scale control panels
- Install and troubleshoot various sensors and probes and their associated gauges and electronic interfaces
- Install and troubleshoot motors, pumps, and gear boxes
- Install and maintain plastic extrusion equipment
- Use of various precision measuring, metering, and scanning equipment
- Use of a large variety of hand and power tools
- Knowledgeable of the latest technologies and methodologies in automation and processing
- Helps to support the research and development group in the conceptualization and application of new technologies
- Supports the Machine Shop and Fabrication Department in providing direction with regard to design questions, the construction and operation of new line equipment installations
- Execute assigned projects and duties with minimal supervision; will have a working and practical knowledge of electrical and electronic interfaces, hydraulics, pneumatics, vacuum, steel cutting, welding, soldering, machining, and control systems.
- Support for tune-in and pilot validations of new equipment lines including remote installation of lines.
- Graduation/certification from an accredited vocational school or technical college with training in the aforementioned areas; or five to seven years of relevant work experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of a high school diploma (or GED)
- Experience with either plastic, injection molding, extrusion or blow molding a plus.
- Some international travel may be involved.
- Microsoft Office Products.
- Computer aided design and/or engineering tools including SolidWorks, Enterprise PDM, DraftSight and AutoCAD.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.