We are excited to partner with our client as they have a full-time/permanent need for a Sr. Furnace Engineer. This position is in Kansas City, KS and offers a competitive base salary and excellent benefits.
The Sr. Furnace Engineer will be responsible for furnace repairs, furnace rebuilds, and furnace operation to improve energy usage and emissions. This position has responsibility for long-term project budgeting and scheduling as it relates to furnace rebuilds and repairs, equipment selection, and project administration related to scope, cost and schedules.
· Define and contribute to project(s) scope, costs and benefits, schedule and implementation strategy.
· Identify technical alternatives.
· Identify adherence to long range plans of the group.
· Identify internal and external resources to complete the work.
· Prepare required Project Documentation; ARs, POs, Schedules, Receiving Invoices, Change Orders, etc.
· Technically manage the Project Team consisting of a mixture of Internal Personnel, Consultants, and Contractors.
· Ensure that Plant, Insulation, Corporate, OSHA, and Federal policies and standards are met and maintained.
· Review and approve drawings; oversee others responsible for update and creation of the drawings · Conduct refractory inspections at the supplier prior to them being delivered to the plant.
· On-site project supervision during the construction and installation phases of the project
· Oversee the drain and heat up of the furnace during rebuilds
· Conduct Project Review Meetings with Project Team, Plant and Upper Management
· Maintain Detailed Project Files for Ongoing Project Control and for Future Reference
· Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (preferably metallurgical or ceramics) and minimum of 5 years for furnace design, rebuild, repair, operation experience.
· Basic knowledge of the glass manufacturing process.
· Position requires knowledge of all hot end equipment related to operations.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the glass industry, this experience could include process operations, manufacturing, customer and plant training, as well as familiarity with gas/oxy and electric furnaces.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills (both oral and written) are required due to frequent interaction with management, technical personnel, manufacturing personnel, vendors and contractors.
· Strong organizational skills are required to meet multiple task targets. · This individual should have leadership skills to manage contractors, control budgets, and maintain scheduled commitments.