OVERVIEW: Supervisor and coordinate the activities of production and sewing / cutting operators to ensure that the quality of each product meets its standard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and coordinate the activities of sewers / cutters engaged in the production or processing of products
- Perform direct labor and training responsibilities
- Coordinate production schedules
- Supervise the quality control of raw materials and evaluate the supplier’s products
- Coordinate the purchasing of raw materials
- Drive improvements in sewing efficiency and effectiveness
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve employee problems, complaints, or grievances
- Supervisor and perform job in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Maintain an organized and clean work environment in department
- Additional duties as requested or required
- Assess staffing needs and performs some recruiting duties.
- Train, direct and appraise staff.
- Make daily schedules for proper manpower utilization.
- Plans and organize workload and staff assignments.
- Issues written and oral instructions; assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities
- Makes self-available to staff & provides regular performance feedback
- Experience in Quality Control and Customer Service
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Follows policies and procedures and upholds organizational values
- Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Ability to supervise multiple projects
- Is consistently at work and on time
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Observes safety and security procedures
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines
- Uses equipment and materials properly & reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and repair of sewing and cutting machines
- Experience in pattern making and custom specification modeling.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); and 5 years of experience in sewing machine operations, along with 2+ years of supervisory experience in a non-union environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
The employee may occasionally stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch during shift. Employee will be required to regularly sit, use hand to finger, handle, feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee must be able to occasionally lift and or move up to 25 lbs.
- This position works in an environment with moderate noise levels.