We are excited to partner with our client, as they have a full-time/permanent opening for a Quality Manager. This position is located in Shelbyville, KY. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please see a detailed job description below. We hope to hear from you today.
This position is responsible for the quality control, assurance, and management of the quality system for the facility. This responsibility covers new model activities, including PPAP status of product as well as incoming supplier product. In addition, this role will serve as the lead customer service representative, representing all interaction with the customer relating to product quality. The quality manager will ensure that systems are in place that satisfy customer requirements and TS-16949 initiatives. Flow and control of product dimensional data will occur through the department. The department will create and monitor inspection criteria to ensure that customer requirements are met.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop quality system for maintaining dimensional control of product and process, including MSA.
- Ensure adequate process auditing system is implemented and maintained.
- Develop inspection criteria that satisfies the company and customer requirements,
including management of visual limit samples.
- Manage entire process of customer PPAP, including supplier PPAP status.
- Manager the metrology department, ensuring customer and TS-16949
requirements are satisfied, and the timelines are achieved. Control the workflow of the CMM to ensure an appropriate schedule is maintained.
- Establish regular communications with all customers to ensure good customer service is achieved. Provide on-site customer support when necessary. Ability to travel to customer or supplier sites without notice.
- Manage information flow to/from customers, including corrective action process.
- Manage supplier quality program to ensure suppliers expectations are clear and ensure adequate supplier quality systems are in place. Manage flow of nonconforming material from supplier when needed.
- Ensure quality systems for creation and management of customer requirements, including management of control plans and PFMEA.
- Communicate with other departments regarding quality related issues, including continuous improvement elements of product quality or quality systems.
- Stay abreast of technical and system developments in the quality field and offer continuous improvement suggestions relating to these developments.
- Develop cost and manning budget for quality department. Provide justifications for budgetary decisions including capital.
- Carries out supervisory/management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and acceptable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by manager.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information to customers and respond to questions from managers.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to work well under pressure from customers.
- The ability to interact professionally with employees, customers and suppliers at all levels. Must have the ability to interact with both Japanese, Mexican, and American workforce.
- The ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and
analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; and work well in group problem solving.
- Coordinate projects for continuous improvement of quality system; communicate changes and progress; complete projects on time and budget; manage project team activities.
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others. Must be able to read product drawings and GD&T.
- Demonstrate group and individual presentation skills; actively participate in meetings, including high level supplier, customer, and internal management meetings.
- The ability to write legibly and logically to communicate with both internal and external customers. This includes high level supplier, customer, and internal management meetings.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technical, or industrial field or equivalent experience
- 10 years’ experience in a quality environment, including quality engineer role
- Automotive environment strongly recommended.
- 5 years management of quality department.
- Quality Engineers
- CMM Coordinators
- Quality Technicians
- Metrology Technicians
- Plant and Office Environments