Seeking a Production Supervisor for a great company in Pendergrass. This is a direct hire position on 1st shift.
Manage day-to day plant floor operations of Assembly, Processes. Ensure that daily production goals are met while maintaining required product quality. Monitor and maintain personnel’s productivity, safety, schedules, tasks, and training levels.
- Lead/Participate in the hiring/training/promotion/discipline and/or discharge of direct subordinates
- Maintain real-time situational awareness of plant floor operations
- Lead daily production meetings to help define production schedule, goals and results.
- Assure that Assistant Supervisor and leads make work assignments to plant employees meet production goals.
- Ensure personnel compliance with company policy, goals and departmental procedures and processes.
- Ensure personnel maintain their respective work areas with regards to safety, cleanliness, and company standards. Perform weekly audits, identify and implement improvements.
- Maintain training process, conduct personnel training & cross-training using defined Onboarding procedures. Maintain training records.
- Develop and maintain clear lines of responsibilities between, Supervisors and Leads for each group.
- Work with Product, Quality, Safety, and Production Engineering to solve current issues, implement new product, processes and improvement.
- Participate in the selection and use of resources (materials, tools, equipment) required for effective operations.
- May require hands on work, as needed, to ensure production requirements are met
- Drive key Production KPI’s including Safety, Quality, Productivity, Efficiency, Maintenance Work order completion, and on time delivery.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or business or equivalent education and experience leading a manufacturing/assembly operation.
- Must have 5-7 years Supervisory experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team of manufacturing workers.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels, educational background, etc., are essential.
- Strong organizational and managerial skills required. Project management experience is a must; candidates with project management experience will be given preference. Training experience (e.g., manufacturing tools & techniques, standards, regulations) will also be required.
- Knowledge of and experience in manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of and experience with lean manufacturing concepts and methods
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office tools and SAP or other ERP Systems
- Must be able to organize and lead improvement teams.