EmployBridge Search Group is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Mechanic at our client in the Alsip, IL area the Job Duties and Responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the maintenance of all Automated Guided Vehicles. (AGV)
- Responsible for the High Bay Warehouse system maintenance including the pallet retrieval vehicles, Whallon Machines and conveyors.
- Responsible for trouble shooting problems on the presses and machines to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Assisting operators with their machine or press PM’s when appropriate.
- Responsible for lift truck and hand jack PM and service.
- Responsible for building maintenance and repairs including air filter changing air compressors, pumps and the fire sprinkler system.
- Scheduling OEM Technicians and maintenance subcontractors when needed.
- Overseeing and supporting OEM technicians and maintenance subcontractors. and working in the plant also ensuring that they follow safety rules.
- Responsible for the required maintenance documentation and records..
- Responsible for ensuring major maintenance and repair sites are barricaded and machine lockout devices are used.
- Responsible for maintenance shop housekeeping and clean up after repairs.
- Following all safety, sanitation and maintenance repair procedures.
- Must wear PPE when required or needed
- Any other appropriate work assignments as required.
Knowledge, Skill, Abilities:
- Mechanical ability to repair mechanical components, and use hand tools.
- Understand and use maintenance shop equipment and machines.
- Ability to read, write and understand technical drawings and instructions.
- Ability to measure and do basic maintenance shop math.
- Work safely and efficiently around machines and electricity.
- Work under general supervision by the Facility Services Manager
- Ability to work with others as part of a team.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
Salary is based on experience