The Souring Manager will own and drive day-to-day supplier cost, delivery, quality and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) for assigned areas of responsibility.
- The Sourcing Manager will monitor supplier performance and identify cost reduction and improvement opportunities.
- Develop and maintain deep category expertise; conduct category spend/market analysis to benchmark existing cost and cost competitiveness on future products
- Identify and develop new sources of supply as needed.
- Identify bottlenecks in the supply-chain process and implement solutions to improve performance.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to reduce costs, streamline business processes and meet the needs of the business and customer.
- Facilitate supplier discussions to support material flow, projects, and cost reduction objectives.
- Support contract creation and execution for key supplier relationships.
- Support RFQs, evaluate proposals, negotiate prices and award business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Engineering, or related discipline. Master degree preferred.
Skills & Abilities
The type of experience required to effectively perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this position are:
- 4-6 years progressive experience preferably in a high-volume manufacturing/distribution environment
- Demonstrated track record of driving financial performance.
- Lean, APICS or CPSM Certification or training a plus.
- Ability to build cross functional teams and communicate effectively.
- Strong bias for action. Has ability to get to the best answer in an aggressive time frame.
- Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking ability and acute attention to detail.
- A "hands on" professional who leads by influence, rather than authority arising from reporting lines, and motivates individuals at all levels to strive for success and excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Proficient with MRP (Material Requirements Planning)/AS 400, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).