EmployBridge Search Group
is currently recruiting for a Translator (Japanese) in the Hazle Township, PA area. This is a fulltime Direct Hire opportunity. Apply today for immediate consideration.
Responsible for all Japanese verbal and written communication and translation. Responsible for a variety of clerical tasks involved with production reports, inventory records, scheduling, and maintaining accuracy of data. Required to learn several different jobs for purposes of familiarity and may serve as back-up.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
Required Education and Experience:
- Participate in meetings as required and translate proceedings using Japanese and English
- Translate emails and other written communication
- Attend and translate for individual counseling sessions and/or employee meetings as needed
- Prepare presentations in PowerPoint and Excel involving translation
- Occasionally assisting with Japanese employees outside of work with obtaining rental contracts, obtaining driver’s license, translating some personal documents related to his or her stay in the U.S.
- Provide Production administration support
- Serve as back up for key administrative employees and Production scheduling
- Data entry of production paperwork
- Works with Inventory to check products and parts
- Order supplies for Production
- Provides daily support to Production Manager and Facility Manager
- Performs administrative duties
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Familiarity with American and Japanese cultures and business manners
- Working knowledge of inventory systems
- Computer skills in Japanese and English (MS Word, Excel, Microsoft Access preferred)
- Speak and write fluently in Japanese and English and translate
- Work well in a team environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Activities will involve frequent hours of sitting most of the time. Standing and walking within high paced production areas 20% to 30% of the day. Moderate Work: Exerting less than 10 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.